Motorcycling: Ride the Valley
Make Calabogie Peaks your hub for a ride through the magnificent Ottawa Valley and beyond; along paved roads that follow sparkling rivers and lakes, and that meander town to town.
Ride the Ontario Highlands
Some roads are made for motorcycles and there are none better than those winding through the heart of the Ontario Highlands. The Toronto Star writes about riding the Highlands.
Calabogie Peaks is featured along the Highlands Loop, a route mapped by Ride the Highlands taking you alongside the Ottawa and Rideau Rivers, through Algonquin Park, and the towns of Calabogie and Tweed.
The Champlain Route – North Bay to Ottawa
An historic route to Canada’s capitol Lunch at Average Joe’s Restaurant in North Bay, Ontario was anything but average. From here, we would ride to Ottawa, following the route fur-traders and explorers used four-hundred years ago, well before any Europeans settlements existed in this “new” land.
The vista from the lakeside patio called to mind images of how this land must have appeared in those times and the resilient characters who tried to tame it. We too were on an adventure and following the same route, albeit our adventure was of a very different nature.
News and Press Releases
- Calabogie Adventure Touring – October 26, 2016
- The Toronto Star – Top 10-day trips within a short drive from Toronto
- Small-Town Tour: Riding Canada’s Ottawa Valley
- Motorcycle FAM Tour Brings a New Tourism Perspective to the Ottawa Valley
- Riders Quest Magazine – “Ride the Valley” Article (818 kb) [pdf]
- Article for 2nd annual International Motorcycle Show – Show Guide Lansdowne Park
- Article on Motorcycle.com “Women Riders Tour in Northern Ontario”
Where are you coming from?
Whether you’re coming from Canada’s national capital, the GTA area, or Kingston, we can help guide your experience to be memorable!