Full Time Carpenter
Carpenter – NOC 7271
Start date: August 9, 2019
End date: February 9, 2019
Company: Calabogie Peaks ULC / Calabogie Peaks Resort
Business information Calabogie Peaks is a four season country resort located on the shores of Calabogie Lake at the base of Dickson Mountain, 50 minutes from Ottawa. The property includes a 25 room full service boutique hotel and 30 one to three bedroom condo suites. Renowned as one of Ontario’s leading destinations, the resort’s country warmth and luxury are combined with limitless seasonal activities.
Business Location: 30 Barrett, Chute Road, Calabogie, ON, K0J 1H0
Work Location: Same as above – The position includes work on the entire Calabogie Peaks Resort property
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, moldings and hardware
- Assisting with renovations on current buildings on the resort
- Constructing decks
- Keep a clean and clutter free work environment
- May help with painting buildings
– Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
– Work Experience: Ideally the candidate should have 3 years of experience in the trade however a minimum of 2 years of experience and demonstrated ability for the position will help to qualify. On the job training will be provided.
– Bending, crouching, kneeling
– Tight deadlines
– Physically demanding
– Handing heavy loads (must be able to lift and carry 60lbs)
– Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
– Scheduling staff
– Supervise other workers
– Estimate costs and materials
Major Work Area
– Maintenance and repair
Work schedule will be from Monday to Friday from 7:00AM to 3:00PM, The location of the business property is quite remote, Staff accommodation is available. Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Salary: $23.00 to $25 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
Benefits: Uniforms, Discounts on food and beverage and hotel accommodation, shared staff vehicle, staff accommodation available.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 30 Barrett, Chute Road, Calabogie, ON, K0J 1H0
Apply by fax to: 877-533-5170