Calabogie is Eastern Ontario's top destination for Elementary & Secondary School programs.
Our 40 years of experience speaks for itself; a proven and successful "Station Teaching Format" designed for entry level and beginner skiers/snowboarders; a step-by-step progression to lift accessibility to ensure student safety and a positive experience; state of the art pre-set rental program to guarantee proper sizing and comfort; and our online roster system.
Teachers/Organizers choose Calabogie Peaks for simplicity, safety, fun and learning. Through skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing we believe our programs develop positive life skills and that help create strong individuals, families and communities. Let us work with you to ensure the success of your school outing.
Safety Is Number One
- All our staff are certified
- Daily mountain inspections
- New and clear mountain signage
- New equipment
- Student Skills Assessment - Instructors assess skill level; skill determines lift & trail access
- Unlimited chaperones
- Ski Patrol focuses on safety, not repair
- All of our instructors are certified
- Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance
- Canadian Accociation of Snowboard Instructors
- Canadian Ski Coaches Federation
- Canadian Freestyle Ski Association
- Profesional Ski Instructors of America
- Many instructors have more than one certification
- Weekday school instructors...
- Are parents
- Have multiple years of teaching experience
- Are committed to learning and fun experiences
- Know every inch of our terrain
- Know when to lead & when to laugh
Calabogie Peaks is a recognized special needs leader!
- Recognized as 2013 Ski Area of the Year
- Clay Dawdy recipient of the Karl Hilzinger award for exceptional service (30 years)
Physical Education Curriculum
We have created a curriculum document for you from preto post-trip
- Goals Addressed
- The skills & knowledge that will enable students to enjoy being active & healthy throughout their lives
- Opportunity to participate regularly & safety in physical activity and to learn how to develop and improve their personal fitness
- The movement competence needed to participate in a range of physical activities
- Opportunity to develop movement skills & apply movement concepts and strategies in games, sports, dance and other physical activities
- A unit based on the school ski/ snowboard program provides a direct connection to the two key elements (strands) of:
- Active Living A1: Active Participation - Regular Participation, variety, lifelong activity enjoyment, motivation, safety
- Movement Competence - B1: Movement Skills & Concepts
Movement skills - Movement concepts
- Mandatory helmet policy
- Required documents & consent forms provided
- Information packages with trip details for stakeholders (targeted for students, parents & teachers)
- Daily safety & risk management processes
- North American mountain industry bestpractises
Best & Most Green Terrain
- Beginner runs are known as “green terrain”
- Over 4kms of green runs
- Longest green trail in Ontario
- Accessible from all lifts
- All green terrains perfect for 1st timers
- Carpet ift makes it easy to learn and have fun
- Students ski with instructors to learn the terrain
- Students learn to ride the lifts with instructors
- We’re continuously investing in our trails to create the best experience.
- Finnegan, Dillon’s Dip, Fiddler & Buckshot have been widened
- Buckshot extended from top to bottom
- Expanded Beginner’s Bowl
- New Beginner’s Bowl warming hut, “the Caboose”
- We are the only mountain in Eastern Ontario & Western Quebec with...
- 100% trail coverage
- Fan guns, the mountain industry’s state of the art snowmaking technology
- In 2013, we underwent a massive expansion project.
- 31 new fan and tower guns
- 2.5 miles of new trail pipeline with greater than 2,000 GPM water capacity
New Rental Equipment
- Rossignol Skis
- 500+ pairs
- Different models & sizes to pair with individual skill
- Rossignol is a global ski market leader
- Smith Helmets
- Range of sizes & colours
- Smith is the North American helmet market leader
- $30 package includes Ticket, Rental & Lesson
- Or $10 for cross-country skiing/ snowshoeing
- We have overnight packages available (see below) and skating is FREE!
- Prices include HST. Please bring your ownskates.
- We cultivate winter experiences for students, schools & families.
- Every student receives a FREE 2014/15 lift ticket for a return trip
- We encourage chaperones - they ski free
- Each school with more than 45 students issues two (2) free season passes
- A “School Pass” may be used by a different person each day of season
- A “Season Pass” is issued to a person & is a great fundraising tool
- Grade 4 & 5 students can ski free three times under the Canadian Ski Council program
- Easy to use web portal for total trip management
- Pre-printed tickets & pre-set skis
- Safety orientation at the bus
- Service-focused team - Adventure Centre staff available every day
- Certified instructors & rental technicians
- Lift operators complete our rigorous training program
- Largest & most efficient “open concept” rental shop
- Overnight and Custom packages available upon request. Inlcuding, but not limited to:
- Specialized High Skills Major
- Northern Outdoor Studies
- Multi-day trips
See all of our School Group Programs and prices here.